- Use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol, juice or soda.
- Use mats under hot or cold pans and dishes.
- Dust and clean surfaces frequently.
- Blot up spills immediately to minimize permanent damage.
- Clean surfaces with recommended cleaners.
- Use rugs and mats on floors to minimize damage.
- Use vinegar, bleach, ammonia or a general purpose cleaner.
- Use cleaners that contain silica or silicone.
- Use cleaners that contain acid, such as most bathroom, grout and tile cleaners.
- Use alkaline cleaners that are not specifically formulated for natural stone.
- Wipe spills.